Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Celebrate The Occasion - Butterflies

This week at CTO we're challenging you to use at least one butterfly on your project.


I am (slowly) working on a feature wall in my daughter's bedroom that will showcase her love of princesses. I'm using the Lori Whitlock double bracket frame (found here) and Miss Kate Cuttables princess files (found here).


You can see here that the frame is thin and it was pretty easy to put together. I'm sure after making around 12 of these I'll be a pro at it!


I mounted the mermaid with foam squares to the "photo" area of the frame. The waves (SVG Cuts) around mounted flat to the face of the frame and the crab (found here) is mounted with foam squares. I used the print and cut feature on my Silhouette Portrait to cut these elements.


My butterfly is a layered cut, but I only used the top layer. I used the finger to curl the wings.

Thanks so much for stopping by today. PLEASE be sure to stop by Celebrate The Occasion for a VERY important announcement.

No comments: